Calling All Ugly Dogs!

 https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2023/02/28/Worlds-Ugliest-Dog-contest-accepting-applications/9171677609998/

Do you have a pooch at home whose features may be a little, well, disturbing? Or maybe an appearance that may cause those looking at it to do a double-take? Well if this describes your dog then you can register now for the World’s Ugliest Dog contest in California happening June 2023. 

Now, I’m certainly a dog lover but I’m not sure you would catch me at a competition for dog-owners battling for the ugliest dog. Ben Hopper with UPI News explains that this contest is to raise money for rescue shelters and dog adoption. Fundraising and awareness for dogs that need a fur-ever home is always a good deed, but celebrating dogs’ ill-favored characteristics is quite a way to go about it. 

The event center CEO of this contest describes the competing dogs with words like “imperfect”, saying that the dogs simply have “physical distractions” - what a nice way to put it.

The owner whose dog is crowned “World’s Ugliest Dog” wins a prize of $1,500 along with cash prizes for second and third place as well.






Comments

  1. I loved reading your news story critique. I also love dogs and I this was an amazing program to get all kinds of dogs homes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I enjoyed reading this. It was very well put together and had a good twist to it. I also never that an event like this was a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big animal lover!! The picture of that dog is so funny!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3…2…1…TAKE OFF!

Those Aren't Stars, Those Are Planets!

Florida Abortion Ban